• Bylaws
• Guidelines for Reporting Concerns


Please contact the Town Office for complete information on bylaws.

The following is general information for the Public.

Watering Restriction Bylaw - All even numbered houses will water on even numbered calendar days between 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. only!
All odd numbered houses will water on odd numbered calendar days between 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. only!

Animal Control Bylaw - All dogs over the age of 6 months must have a license and be restrained at all times. No residence shall keep or harbor more than 3 dogs. It is your responsibility to clean up after your pet when you are out walking. See Noise Bylaw re: barking.

Vehicle Bylaw - This bylaw sets out speed limits (reduced speed in school and park areas), parking regulations (no parking in front of driveways, no large trucks in residential areas), etc. This bylaw is enforced by the RCMP.

Business Permits & Licences - All non-residents of Herbert MUST acquire a  business permit before operating any business operation within the Town of Herbert. All residents operating a business within the Town of Herbert require a business license. (Refer to Business License Bylaw 2008-01 available at the Town Office).

Building/Development Permits - All new construction, changes in outside dimensions and additions such as bathrooms require development permits from the Town Office. Demolition of assessable property also requires a permit from the Town Office.

Noise Bylaw - Domestic noise (lawn mower, snow blower, R/C Airplane, barking dog, from electronic equipment) is prohibited in a residential area from 11PM - 6:30 AM weekdays (or until 7:30AM if the following day is a Sunday or holiday)

There is to be no construction or operation of related machinery (unless in an emergency) from 11PM - 6:30 AM weekdays (or until 7:30AM if the following day is a Sunday or holiday)

Advertising noise via audible means (noise makers, instruments, playing music, audio equipment, calling) in a public place, street, building, or premises where the intent is the sound shall be heard by a person frequenting any street or other public place is prohibited.

No truck, tractor, or semi-trailer shall run for more than 30 minutes while stationary in a residential area.

Click here for the Watering Restriction Bylaw #2012-02
Click here for the resolution to enact the Security Surveillance Bylaw
Click here for a copy of the Security Surveillance Bylaw #2009-14

Guidelines for Residents of Herbert in Reporting Concerns

Our Town employees are dedicated to serving the needs of the people of Herbert, however; calls to Town employees outside of regular business hours should not be occurring unless the concern is an emergency. Please refer to the guidelines outlined below for the procedures for reporting a concern you may have in the Town of Herbert.

1. a) For issues requiring action by the Town of Herbert (office staff, public works, or maintenance workers) please notify the Town Office in person or by phone (784-2400), during office hours(8:30 am - 4:30 pm weekdays), or; fax (784-2402) or email t.o.herbert@sasktel.net anytime. 
   b) Issues will be handled by the Town of Herbert on a prioritized basis.
   c) Concerns brought to the attention of the Administrator and requiring Council action are best presented in written form with an explanation of expected resolution of the concern.
   d) Concerns should not be brought to the attention of the Mayor, Town Councilors, or Town Maintenance personnel if action is expected. Conversation on an issue will be noted; however, action on a concern requires those concerns be registered with the Town Office for action to be initiated.
   e) The Administrator must be aware of anything that affects the Town; therefore, it is imperative that all issues be brought to the Administrator's attention first, so action can be initiated in the most efficient and organized manner.

2. a) In the case of an EMERGENCY situation, where immediate action is required for a concern arising that may involve a risk to a person or to property within the Town of Herbert, it is then appropriate to contact any staff member or elected official to address the situation at any time.
   b) Before contacting any Town employee after hours, please first consider if the situation is actually an emergecy, or if it can be handled during regular office hours.
   c) In the case of a matter that requires POLICE, FIRE or Emergency Medical Services (EMS), always call 9-1-1.

With the co-operation and diligence of Herbert citizens, the Town staff and elected officials can continue to provide the best service possible for the operation of the Town.

Town of Herbert
Box 370
Herbert, SK  S0H 2A0
p:  1.306.784.2400     f:  1.306.784.2402